Someshwara Temple Mangalore Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Someshwara Temple, located in the quaint village of Someshwar, Mangalore, is a prominent Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. ṁtemple is known for its intricate carvings, serene atmosphere, and rich cultural heritage. Throughout this article, we will provide guidance on everything you need to know about Someshwara Temple, from its darshan timings to nearby places to stay.
Someshwara Temple Mangalore Darshan Guide
Darshan Timings and Entry Fee
Visitors can access the temple from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day. The entry to the temple is free of cost. However, if you wish to perform any special pooja or participate in any ritual, you may have to pay a nominal fee.
As of now, there is no provision for online booking of darshan or pooja tickets. However, you can contact the temple authorities beforehand to inquire about the availability of special poojas or any other ritual you wish to perform.
Daily Pooja Schedule
The temple follows a strict schedule for daily poojas and rituals. The following is the daily pooja schedule at Someshwara Temple:
- Morning Poojas: 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Afternoon Poojas: 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
- Evening Poojas: 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
How to Reach Someshwara Temple
Someshwara Temple is located in the village of Someshwar, which is about 10 kilometers away from Mangalore. You can reach the temple by road, rail, or air.
The temple is well-connected by road, and you can easily hire a cab or take a bus from Mangalore to reach Someshwara.
The nearest railway station to Someshwara Temple is Mangalore Central Railway Station, which is about 11 kilometers away. To reach the temple, you can either hire a cab or take a bus from the railway station.
The nearest airport to Someshwara Temple is Mangalore International Airport, which is about 26 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a cab or take a bus to reach the temple.
Nearby Places to Visit
Someshwara Temple is located in a picturesque village, surrounded by natural beauty. There are several nearby places that you can visit while on your trip to Someshwara. Below are some of the most commonly visited ones:
- Panambur Beach: This is a beautiful beach located about 11 kilometers away from Someshwara Temple. The beach is known for its clean and clear waters and is a popular spot for swimming and water sports.
- St. Aloysius Chapel: This is a historic chapel located in the heart of Mangalore, about 10 kilometers away from the temple. The chapel is known for its stunning frescoes and is a must-visit for art lovers.
- Kadri Manjunath Temple: This is another popular temple located about 13 kilometers away from Someshwara. known for its ancient architecture and intricate carvings.
Places to Stay
If you wish to stay near Someshwara Temple, there are several options available. The following are among the most frequently visited:
- The Gateway Hotel Mangalore: This is a luxurious hotel located about 12 kilometers away from the temple. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a spa, and a swimming pool.
- Hotel Deepa Comforts: This is a budget-friendly hotel located about 10 kilometers away from the temple. The hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms and basic amenities.
- Hotel Moti Mahal: This is another budget-friendly hotel located about 12 kilometers away from the temple. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and basic amenities.
- Hotel Navaratna Palace: This is a mid-range hotel located about 13 kilometers away from the temple. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and basic amenities.
Someshwara Temple, with its rich cultural heritage and serene atmosphere, is a must-visit for anyone traveling to Mangalore. The temple’s intricate carvings and beautiful architecture are a testament to the rich history of the region. With the nearby places to visit and stay, you can easily plan a day trip or a longer stay in the area. So, pack your bags and head to Someshwara Temple to experience the beauty of this ancient temple and its surroundings.
1. Is there an entry fee for Someshwara Temple?
No, the entry to the temple is free of cost.
2. What are the darshan timings at Someshwara Temple?
The temple is open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day.
3. Can I book darshan or pooja tickets online?
As of now, there is no provision for online booking of darshan or pooja tickets.
4. Are there any nearby places to visit?
Yes, there are several nearby places to visit, including Panambur Beach, St. Aloysius Chapel, and Kadri Manjunath Temple.
5. What are the nearby places to stay?
There are several options available, including The Gateway Hotel Mangalore, Hotel Deepa Comforts, Hotel Moti Mahal, and Hotel Navaratna Palace.