Shravanabelagola Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Shravanabelagola Temple Darshan Guide
Shravanabelagola Temple is a famous Jain pilgrimage site located in the Hassan district of Karnataka, India. It is known for the monolithic statue of Lord Gomateshwara or Bahubali, which is considered one of the tallest free-standing statues in the world.
We will provide a comprehensive guide on all the essential information regarding the temple, including darshan timings, entry fee, online booking, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and stay.
Shravanabelagola Temple is a holy site for Jains Located atop a hill, the temple draws a vast multitude of devotees from across the globe called Vindhyagiri and is surrounded by beautiful scenic views. The temple is dedicated to Lord Gomateshwara or Bahubali, who is a revered figure in Jainism.
History of Shravanabelagola Temple
The history of Shravanabelagola Temple dates back to the 3rd century BC. The temple was built during the reign of the Ganga dynasty and has undergone several renovations and restorations over the years. The monolithic statue of Lord Gomateshwara was erected in the 10th century AD and stands at a height of 57 feet.
The darshan timings of Shravanabelagola Temple are as follows:
- Morning: 6:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Afternoon: 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM
There is no entry fee for visiting Shravanabelagola Temple. However, donations are accepted for the maintenance of the temple.
Online booking is available for darshan at Shravanabelagola Temple. Devotees can book their darshan tickets in advance through the official website of the temple.
Daily Pooja Schedule
The daily pooja schedule at Shravanabelagola Temple is as follows:
- Abhisheka: 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Panchamruta Abhisheka: 7:30 AM to 8:15 AM
- Maha Mangalarati: 9:15 AM to 9:45 AM
- Ujjayini Arati: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
- Maha Mangalarati: 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM
How to Reach Shravanabelagola Temple
Shravanabelagola Temple is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest railway station is at Hassan, which is located 52 km away from the temple. The nearest airport is at Bangalore, which is located 150 km away. From Hassan, one can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the temple.
Nearby Places to Visit
There are several nearby places to visit in Shravanabelagola, such as:
- Chandragiri Hill: It is located near Shravanabelagola and is known for the various Jain monuments and temples.
- Vindhyagiri Hill: It is the hill on which the Shravanabelagola Temple is located and offers beautiful scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Bisle Ghat: It is a popular tourist spot located around 65 km away from Shravanabelagola and offers a panoramic view of the Western Ghats.
Where to Stay near Shravanabelagola Temple
There are several options for accommodation near Shravanabelagola Temple, ranging from budget to luxury hotels. Some popular options include:
- KSTDC Hotel Mayura Bahubali: This is a budget hotel located near the temple and offers basic amenities such as Wi-Fi, room service, and laundry.
- Jain Math: This is a budget option for devotees who prefer to stay in the temple complex. The rooms are basic but clean and offer a unique experience.
- Hoysala Village Resort: This is a luxury resort located around 8 km away from the temple and offers amenities such as a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant.
Shravanabelagola Temple is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Jainism or ancient Indian architecture. The monolithic statue of Lord Gomateshwara is a sight to behold, and the temple’s serene surroundings make it a perfect place for spiritual rejuvenation. With this guide, you now know everything you need to plan your visit to this holy site.
1. Is there an entry fee for Shravanabelagola Temple?
While there is no admission fee to enter the temple premises, but donations are accepted.
2. What are the darshan timings of the temple?
The darshan timings are from 6:00 AM to 11:30 AM and from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
3. Can I book darshan tickets online?
Yes, online booking is available through the official website of the temple.
4. What is the nearest railway station to Shravanabelagola Temple?
The nearest railway station is at Hassan, which is located 52 km away.
5. What are some nearby places to visit?
Chandragiri Hill, Vindhyagiri Hill, and Bisle Ghat are some popular nearby attractions.