Tali Shiva Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Tali Shiva Temple is one of the most revered temples in Kerala, India. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this ancient temple has a rich history and is visited by thousands of devotees every year. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to Tali Shiva Temple, covering its timings, entry fee, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and places to stay.
Tali Shiva Temple Darshan Guide
History of Tali Shiva Temple
Tali Shiva Temple is believed to have been built in the 14th century by the Zamorin Kings of Kozhikode. The temple has undergone various renovations and restorations throughout the years, with the most recent one taking place in the early 2000s.
Timings and Entry Fee
The temple is open from 5:30 AM to 12:00 PM and from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM every day. While there is no entry fee to visit the temple, some poojas and offerings may incur additional charges.
Daily Pooja Schedule
The daily pooja schedule at Tali Shiva Temple is as follows:
- Morning Pooja: 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM
- Nirmalyam: 6:00 AM to 6:30 AM
- Abhishekam: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM
- Usha Pooja: 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM
- Ethruthu Pooja: 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Ucha Pooja: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
- Nadathurakkal: 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Deeparadhana: 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM
- Athazha Pooja: 7:45 PM to 8:15 PM
Please note that the pooja timings may vary on special occasions and festivals.
How to Reach Tali Shiva Temple
Tali Shiva Temple is located in Kozhikode, Kerala, and is easily accessible by road, rail, and air.
Kozhikode is well-connected by road to all major cities in Kerala and other nearby states. Regular buses and taxis are easily accessible from Kozhikode to the temple.
The closest railway station to Tali Shiva Temple is Kozhikode Railway Station, located approximately 3.5 km away from Temple. There are regular trains available from all major cities in India to Kozhikode.
Calicut International Airport is the nearest airport to Tali Shiva Temple, which is about 28 km away. There are frequent flights available from all major cities in India to Calicut.
Nearby Places to Visit
There are several places to visit near Tali Shiva Temple, some of which are:
- Kozhikode Beach: This is a popular beach located about 4 km from the temple. It is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty.
- Thusharagiri Waterfalls: This is a beautiful waterfall located about 50 km from the temple. It is a perfect destination for adventure lovers.
- Kozhikode Backwaters: This is a network of interconnected canals, lagoons, and lakes located about 6 km from the temple. It is an ideal place to enjoy
Places to Stay
There are several places to stay near Tali Shiva Temple, ranging from budget to luxury accommodations. Some of the popular options are:
- The Raviz Calicut: This is a luxury hotel located about 2 km from the temple. It offers comfortable rooms, excellent service, and a range of amenities.
- Hotel Sagar: This is a budget hotel located about 1 km from the temple. It offers clean rooms and basic amenities at affordable prices.
- Vasco Dagama Beach Resort: This is a beach resort located about 4 km from the temple. It offers spacious rooms, excellent service, and a range of amenities.
Devotees can book poojas and offerings online through the official website of the temple. The website also provides information on the temple’s history, daily pooja schedule, and other important details.
Devotees are required to dress modestly while visiting the temple. Men are required to wear dhoti and shawl, while women are required to wear saree or salwar kameez. Devotees who do not adhere to the dress code may not be allowed to enter the temple.
Tips for Visiting Tali Shiva Temple
- To avoid crowds, it is advisable to visit the temple either early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Devotees are advised to be respectful and follow the temple’s customs and traditions.
- It is important to carry a valid ID proof while visiting the temple.
- Taking photographs inside the temple premises is strictly prohibited.
- Devotees can donate money or offer prayers for the well-being of their loved ones.
Tali Shiva Temple is a must-visit destination for those who are interested in history, culture, and spirituality. The temple’s serene atmosphere, ancient architecture, and rich history make it a unique and memorable experience. We trust that this guide has furnished you with all the essential details required to prepare for your trip to Tali Shiva Temple.
1. Is there an entry fee to visit Tali Shiva Temple?
No, there is no entry fee to visit the temple.
2. What attire should be worn while visiting the temple?
Men are expected to wear a dhoti and shawl, while women are expected to wear a saree or salwar kameez.
3. Can I book poojas and offerings online?
Yes, devotees can book poojas and offerings online through the official website of the temple.
4. Are there places to stay near Tali Shiva Temple?
Yes, there are several places to stay near the temple, ranging from budget to luxury accommodations.
5. Is photography permitted inside the temple premises?
No, taking photographs inside the temple premises is prohibited.