Pandalam Ayyappa Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Dress Code, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is one of the most famous Hindu temples in Kerala, India. It is dedicated to Lord Ayyappa, He is regarded as Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva’s avatar. The temple is situated in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district’s Pandalam town. You may organize your trip to the Pandalam Ayyappa Temple using the information in this article.
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple Darshan Guide
History of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
The history of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple dates back to the ancient times. According to the legends, the temple was built by the Pandalam royal family, who were the custodians of the Sabarimala temple. The life of Lord Ayyappa, who is thought to have been born within the Pandalam royal line, is also strongly related to the temple.
Significance of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is considered to be one of the most sacred temples in Kerala. The life of Lord Ayyappa, who is thought to have been born within the Pandalam royal line, is also strongly related to the temple, and it is believed to be the place where he spent his childhood.
Timings of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is open to visitors from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM every day. The temple is closed during lunch hours from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Entry fee of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
There is no entry fee for visiting Pandalam Ayyappa Temple. However, donations are welcome and appreciated.
Online booking of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
Online booking is not available for Pandalam Ayyappa Temple. Visitors can directly visit the temple during the opening hours.
Dress code at Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
There is a strict dress code for visitors to Pandalam Ayyappa Temple. Men are required to wear traditional Indian attire, such as dhoti and shirt, or mundu and shirt. Sarees or salwar kameez are necessary for women. Shorts, t-shirts, and other casual wear are not allowed inside the temple premises.
Daily pooja schedule at Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
The daily pooja schedule at Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is as follows:
- Nirmalyam – 4:00 AM
- Abhishekam – 5:00 AM
- Ganapathi Homam – 6:00 AM
- Usha Pooja – 7:00 AM
- Ucha Pooja – 11:00 AM
- Athazha Pooja – 7:00 PM
- Harivarasanam – 8:00 PM
How to reach Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is about 125 kilometers from the temple. From the railway station or airport, To get to the temple, guests can take a bus or a cab.
Nearby places to visit from Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
There are several other places to visit near Pandalam Ayyappa Temple. Some of the popular tourist destinations are:
- Sabarimala temple: It is one of the most famous pilgrimage destinations in India, located about 70 kilometers from Pandalam.
- Perunthenaruvi waterfalls: It is a scenic waterfall located about 15 kilometers from Pandalam.
- Pamba river: It is a sacred river located about 25 kilometers from Pandalam, where devotees take a dip before visiting Sabarimala temple.
- Konni elephant training center: It is a popular tourist destination located about 25 kilometers from Pandalam, where visitors can watch elephants being trained.
Stay options near Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
There are several stay options near Pandalam Ayyappa Temple, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts. Some of the popular stay options are:
- KTDC Tamarind Pandalam: It is a government-run hotel located near the temple.
- Hotel Mini Palace: It is a budget hotel located near the temple.
- Club Mahindra Pandalam: It is a luxury resort located about 5 kilometers from the temple.
Tips for visiting Pandalam Ayyappa Temple
- Follow the dress code strictly to avoid any inconvenience.
- Avoid visiting during the peak season (November to January) to avoid the crowd.
- Do not carry any electronic items inside the temple premises.
- Respect the customs and traditions of the temple.
Pandalam Ayyappa Temple is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Hinduism and spirituality. The temple has immense historical and cultural significance, and it is a popular pilgrimage destination in Kerala. Visitors can experience the spiritual and cultural heritage of India by visiting this temple.
1. Can we book online tickets for Pandalam Ayyappa Temple?
No, online booking is not available for Pandalam Ayyappa Temple.
2. What is the dress code for Pandalam Ayyappa Temple?
Men are required to wear traditional Indian attire, such as dhoti and shirt, or mundu and shirt. Women are required to wear sarees or salwar kameez.
3. What are the timings of Pandalam Ayyappa Temple?
The temple is open from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM every day.
4. What are the nearby places to visit from Pandalam Ayyappa Temple?
Some of the nearby tourist destinations are Sabarimala temple, Perunthenaruvi waterfalls, Pamba river, and Konni elephant training center.
5. What are the stay options near Pandalam Ayyappa Temple?
There are several stay options near the temple, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts.