Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple Darshan Guide
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple, located in Aranmula, Kerala, is among the ancient and highly respected temples in the state. The temple is dedicated to Lord Parthasarathy, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, and is known for its unique architecture, cultural significance, and religious importance. If you’re planning to visit the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple, this guide provides all the essential information you need to know.
History and Significance of Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple has a rich history that dates back to the ancient times. Temple construction began in the 8th century AD and was later renovated by various rulers. The temple’s architecture is unique and reflects the traditional Kerala style. The temple is surrounded by the Pamba river, which adds to its scenic beauty.
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple is significant because it is one of the five temples in Kerala that are dedicated to Lord Vishnu’s five different incarnations. The temple is also famous for the annual Aranmula Boat Race, which takes place during the Onam festival. The race is a significant cultural event in Kerala and attracts a large number of tourists.
Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple Timings and Entry Fee
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple is open to visitors from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM every day. The temple remains closed during certain religious ceremonies and festivals. The entry fee to the temple is free, and visitors are welcome to make donations.
Daily Pooja Schedule at Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple has a strict pooja schedule that is followed every day. The pooja timings are as follows:
- Morning Pooja: 4:00 AM to 5:00 AM
- Usha Pooja: 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Ucha Pooja: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Evening Pooja: 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Athazha Pooja: 8:00 PM to 8:45 PM
How to Reach Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple is well-connected to major cities in Kerala by road, rail, and air. The Trivandrum International Airport is the closest airport, which is located about 115 km from the temple. The nearest railway station is the Chengannur Railway Station, which is located about 10 km from the temple. Buses and taxis are available from both the airport and the railway station to reach the temple.
Near By Places to Visit in Aranmula
Aranmula is a beautiful place that has several other attractions that visitors can explore. Some of the nearby places to visit in Aranmula are
- Aranmula Snake Boat Race: The Aranmula Boat Race, held during the Onam festival, is a significant cultural event in Kerala. The race features traditional snake boats that are beautifully decorated and raced in the Pamba River.
- Vijnana Kalavedi: The Vijnana Kalavedi is a cultural center in Aranmula that promotes traditional arts and crafts of Kerala. Visitors can witness various art forms, including Kathakali and Mohiniyattam, at the center.
- Aranmula Mirror Industry: The Aranmula Mirror Industry is famous for its unique mirrors made of metal and glass. Visitors can witness the mirror-making process at the industry and purchase souvenirs.
Accommodation Options Near Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
Aranmula offers various accommodation options for visitors, ranging from budget-friendly to luxury hotels. Some of the popular hotels near the temple are:
- Lake Palace Resort: The Lake Palace Resort is a luxurious resort located near the Pamba River. The resort offers excellent amenities and stunning views of the river.
- Aranmula Heritage Homestay: The Aranmula Heritage Homestay is a traditional Kerala homestay that offers a comfortable and authentic stay experience.
- Hotel Central Park: The Hotel Central Park is a budget-friendly hotel that provides clean and comfortable rooms.
Tips for Visitors to Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
- Visitors must dress modestly and remove their footwear before entering the temple.
- Photography is not allowed inside the temple.
- Visitors must follow the temple’s pooja schedule and maintain silence during pooja times.
- Visitors must respect the temple’s cultural and religious significance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I book tickets to the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple online?
No, the temple does not offer online ticket booking services. Visitors can enter the temple free of cost.
2. Is there any dress code to enter the temple?
Yes, visitors must dress modestly and cover their shoulders and knees. Removing footwear before entering the temple is also mandatory.
3. What is the best time to visit the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple?
Visiting the temple during the annual Aranmula Boat Race is highly recommended, which takes place during the Onam festival. However, the temple can be visited throughout the year.
4. Are there any nearby restaurants to the temple?
Yes, several restaurants and street food stalls are available near the temple that serve authentic Kerala cuisine.
4. Is photography allowed inside the temple?
No, photography is not allowed inside the temple.