Know the details about the Maa Mangala Temple Kakatpur Darshan Guide History, Darshan Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Pooja Schedule
If you are looking for a spiritual getaway, then the Maa Mangala Temple in Kakatpur is a must-visit destination. The temple is located in the Puri district of Odisha, India. Maa Mangala is believed to be the goddess of power and prosperity.
In the following article, we will delve into the history of the temple, darshan timings, entry fee, online booking, daily pooja schedule, how to reach the temple, nearby places, and stay options.
Mangala Temple Kakatpur Darshan Guide
History of Maa Mangala Temple
The Maa Mangala Temple is an ancient temple that dates back to the 15th century. Maa Mangala Temple is devoted to the deity of Maa Mangala, who is considered as an embodiment of Goddess Shakti.
The temple is said to have been constructed by King Banambar Deva, as per the legend who dreamt of the goddess directing him to build a temple for her at the place where he found a floating log.
The king followed the dream and found the log in the sea near Kakatpur. He built the temple at the same place where the log was found.
Darshan Timings and Entry Fee
The temple welcomes visitors every day from 5 AM to 10 PM, and there is no admission fee to enter the premises. However, the temple authorities may charge a nominal fee for performing special poojas and rituals.
Online Booking and Daily Pooja Schedule
There is no provision for online booking of poojas or darshan. You can directly approach the temple authorities for any special pooja or darshan. The daily pooja schedule of the temple is as follows:
- Mangala Aarti: 5:00 AM
- Abakasha: 6:00 AM
- Sahanamela: 6:30 AM
- Mailam: 7:00 AM
- Bhoga Mandap: 8:00 AM
- Madhyanha Dhupa: 11:00 AM
- Sandhya Aarti: 6:00 PM
- Badasinghara: 7:00 PM
- Pahuda: 10:00 PM
How to Reach the Temple
The Maa Mangala Temple is located in the Kakatpur village of Puri district, Odisha. The Biju Patnaik International Airport, situated approximately 80 km from the temple, is the closest airport. Additionally, the temple can also be reached by train.
You can also reach the temple by train. The nearest railway station is Puri, which is around 45 km from the temple. From Puri, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the temple. If you are coming by road, then the temple is well-connected with major cities of Odisha.
Nearby Places to Visit
Apart from the Maa Mangala Temple, there are several other places to visit in and around Kakatpur. Some of the popular places are:
- Konark Sun Temple: Located around 20 km from the temple, a destination that should not be missed, the Konark Sun Temple is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Puri Beach: Located around 45 km from the temple, Puri Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Odisha.
- Chilika Lake: Located around 65 km from the temple, Chilika Lake is the largest coastal lagoon in India and a famous bird sanctuary.
If you are planning to visit the Maa Mangala Temple, then there are several stay options available near the temple. Some of the popular options are:
- Hotel Pramod Plaza: Located around 1 km from the temple, Hotel Pramod Plaza is a budget-friendly hotel that offers comfortable rooms and basic amenities.
- Hotel Shree Jagannath: Located around 2 km from the temple, Hotel Shree Jagannath is a mid-range hotel that offers spacious rooms and modern amenities.
- Hotel Toshali Sands: Located around 25 km from the temple, Hotel Toshali Sands is a luxury resort that offers an array of facilities and activities like swimming pool, spa, and adventure sports.
The Maa Mangala Temple is a holy shrine that attracts devotees from all over India. With its rich history, beautiful architecture, and peaceful atmosphere, the temple is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for a spiritual experience. We hope that this guide has helped you in planning your visit to the temple.
1. Is photography allowed inside the temple premises?
Ans: Yes, photography is allowed inside the temple premises. However, it is advisable to ask for permission before taking any photographs.
2. Are there any restrictions on dress code inside the temple?
Ans: Yes, there is a dress code that visitors are required to follow while inside the temple. Men are required to wear dhoti and gamcha, and women are required to wear saree or salwar kameez.
3. Can we perform any special pooja or rituals in the temple?
Ans: Yes, you can perform any special pooja or rituals in the temple by directly approaching the temple authorities.
4. Is there any provision for accommodation inside the temple premises?
Ans: No, there is no provision for accommodation inside the temple premises. However, there are several stay options available near the temple.
5. Is there any provision for online booking of darshan or poojas?
Ans: No, there is no provision for online booking of darshan or poojas. You can directly approach the temple authorities for any special pooja or darshan.