Know the details about the Sringeri Temple Accommodation Rooms Nearby, Timings, Online Booking Rooms, Where to eat nearby
Sringeri Temple is a popular Hindu pilgrimage site in India. Located in the Chikkamagaluru district of Karnataka, the temple is dedicated to the goddess Saraswati, who is worshipped as the goddess of knowledge, wisdom, and learning.
Temple visitors number in the thousands each year, and as a result, accommodation is always in high demand.
Our aim in this article is to discuss the accommodation options available at Sringeri Temple, the timings of the temple, and some of the popular eateries nearby.
Sringeri Temple Accommodation Rooms
Sringeri Temple has a range of accommodation options to suit the needs and budgets of different devotees. Some of the popular options include:
The temple has several guest houses that offer basic but comfortable accommodations at reasonable rates. Some of the guest houses include:
- Sharada Sadan
- Sharada Pariwar Guest House
- Annapurna Guest House
Choultries are traditional guest houses that offer basic accommodation to devotees. Sringeri Temple has several choultries, including:
- Raghavendra Choultry
- Vidyashankara Choultry
- Kshetra Choultry
Private hotels and resorts
For those looking for more luxurious accommodation, there are several private hotels and resorts located in and around Sringeri. Some of the popular options include:
- Advaith Lancer
- Sringeri Residency
- Sahyadri Lodge
Sringeri Temple is open to devotees from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM every day. The temple has several rituals and ceremonies that take place throughout the day, including:
- Abhisheka: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- Alankara: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Uchchhista: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Panchamrita Abhisheka: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
It is advisable to plan your visit to the temple accordingly so that you can witness these rituals and ceremonies.
Devotees can book accommodation at Sringeri Temple online through the temple’s official website. The website also allows you to book various poojas and sevas in advance.
Where to eat nearby
Sringeri has several eateries that offer a range of vegetarian dishes to suit different tastes and preferences. Some of the popular options include:
- Annapurna Bhojanalaya: This eatery is located inside the temple complex and offers delicious South Indian meals at reasonable prices.
- Coffee Day: Located just outside the temple complex, this cafe serves a range of coffee and snacks.
- Shri Krishna Bhavan: This restaurant is located a short distance from the temple and serves delicious North Indian and South Indian dishes.
Sringeri Temple is a must-visit destination for those looking to seek the blessings of the goddess Saraswati. The temple has several accommodation options to suit the needs and budgets of different devotees, and there are several eateries nearby that offer delicious vegetarian meals. Plan your visit to Sringeri Temple and immerse yourself in the divine aura of this sacred pilgrimage site.
1. Is there any dress code for visiting Sringeri Temple?
Yes, there is a dress code. Men must wear dhoti or pants, while women must wear sarees or salwar kameez.
2. Is there any parking facility at the temple?
Yes, there is ample parking space available near the temple.
3. Are there any restrictions on photography inside the temple?
Yes, photography is not allowed inside the temple premises.
4. What is the best time to visit Sringeri Temple?
Sringeri Temple’s best season is between October and March when the weather is pleasant.
5. Can I book accommodation at Sringeri Temple on arrival?
It is advisable to book accommodation in advance as it can be difficult to find accommodation during peak season. However, if you do arrive without a booking, you can try your luck at the guest houses or choultries.