Know the details about the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple Nearest Airport How to Reach Mode, Airport to Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple Transport
The Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple in Maharashtra is a renowned pilgrimage site dedicated to Goddess Mahalaxmi. Devotees from far and wide visit this sacred temple to seek blessings. If you’re planning a trip to the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple, it’s essential to know the nearest airport and how to reach the temple from there. In this informative guide, we will explore the details of the nearest airport, transportation options, and timings of the temple to help you plan your pilgrimage effectively.
Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple Nearest Airport How to Reach Mode
Nearest Airport to Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple
The closest airport to the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple is the Kolhapur Domestic Airport (KLH), located approximately 9 kilometers away. This domestic airport connects Kolhapur with several major cities in India. However, for international travelers, the Goa International Airport (GOI) can also be considered as it is around 95 kilometers away from the temple. Hubballi Airport (HBX) is another option, situated about 109 kilometers from the temple.
How to Reach Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple from the Airport
Various transportation options are available to reach the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple from the nearest airport:
- Taxi/Cab: Taxis or cabs are readily available at the Kolhapur Domestic Airport. You can hire a taxi from the airport to reach the temple directly. The approximate distance between the airport and the temple is 9 kilometers, which can usually be covered within a 20 to 30-minute drive
- Public Transport: Local buses and auto-rickshaws are also available for transportation from the airport to the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple. You can inquire about the bus routes and timings at the airport or hire an auto-rickshaw for a more economical option.
Please note that it is advisable to check the availability and timings of public transportation in advance to plan your journey effectively.
Timings of Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple
The Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple follows specific timings for darshan and various rituals. The general timings for darshan are as follows:
- Morning: 4:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Afternoon: 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Evening: 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
It’s important to note that these timings are subject to change on special occasions, festivals, and auspicious days. It is always recommended to check the official temple website or contact the temple authorities for the most up-to-date information regarding darshan timings.
Things to Know
Before visiting the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Proper Attire: Dress modestly and respectfully while visiting the temple. It is advisable to wear traditional attire as a mark of reverence.
- Footwear: Remove your footwear before entering the temple premises. Shoe racks or designated areas are available where you can safely store your footwear.
- Darshan Queue: During peak times, there might be a long queue for darshan. It is advisable to plan your visit accordingly and have patience while waiting in line.
- Donations: If you wish to make a donation to the temple, there are designated counters where you can contribute. Donations help support the maintenance and services of the temple.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Which is the nearest airport to the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple? The nearest airport to the Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple is the Kolhapur Domestic Airport (KLH), located approximately 9 kilometers away.
- Can I reach Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple directly from other major cities by air? Yes, you can reach Kolhapur by air from other major cities in India. The Kolhapur Domestic Airport has regular flights connecting it to various cities.
- What are the timings for darshan at Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Temple? The temple is open for darshan from 4:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. However, these timings may vary on special occasions and festivals.
- Are there any guidelines for dress code while visiting the temple? It is advisable to dress modestly and wear traditional attire as a mark of respect while visiting the Kol