Draksharamam Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Draksharamam Temple, also known as Draksharama Temple, is one of the most ancient and revered Hindu temples located in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The focal deity of Draksharamam Temple is Lord Shiva, making it a crucial pilgrimage destination for Hindu devotees. You can rely on this inclusive guide to furnish you with all the necessary details essential information you need to know about the Draksharamam Temple, including darshan timings, entry fees, online booking, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and stay.
Draksharamam Temple Darshan Guide
History of Draksharamam Temple
Draksharamam Temple has a rich history dating back to the 9th century AD. The prevailing belief is that the temple was constructed by the Eastern Chalukya King, Bhima I, and was later renovated by various kings and rulers. The temple architecture is a blend of Chalukya and Chola styles and is an excellent example of ancient Hindu temple architecture.
Darshan Timings at Draksharamam Temple
Draksharamam Temple is open for darshan from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM every day. The temple is open during all days of the week, including weekends and holidays. Devotees can visit the temple during these timings and seek blessings from Lord Shiva.
Entry Fees at Draksharamam Temple
There is no entry fee to visit Draksharamam Temple. Devotees can enter the temple premises free of cost and offer their prayers to Lord Shiva.
Online Booking at Draksharamam Temple
Devotees can book online tickets for special darshan and sevas at Draksharamam Temple. The online booking facility is available on the temple’s official website, and devotees can book their tickets in advance to avoid long queues.
Daily Pooja Schedule at Draksharamam Temple
The temple follows a strict daily pooja schedule, and devotees can witness various poojas and rituals performed by the temple priests. Some of the important poojas and rituals include Abhishekam, Alankaram, and Aarti. The pooja schedule is as follows:
- Suprabhatam: 5:00 AM to 5:30 AM
- Abhishekam: 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Alankaram: 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- Special Abhishekam: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Aarti: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
- Sarva Darshan: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Alankaram: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Aarti: 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sarva Darshan: 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
How to Reach Draksharamam Temple
Draksharamam Temple is and can be reached by various modes of transportation. The nearest airport is Rajahmundry Airport, which is approximately 45 km away from the temple.
The temple is about 12 km away from Samalkot Railway Station, which is the nearest railway station. Buses and taxis are also available from major cities in Andhra Pradesh to reach Draksharamam Temple.
Nearby Places to Visit
Draksharamam Temple is located in a beautiful location surrounded by lush greenery and scenic landscapes. Some of the nearby places that can be visited along with the temple include:
- Papi Hills: Papi Hills is a beautiful hill range located near Draksharamam Temple. These hills are renowned for their picturesque views and present an array of trekking and adventure options.
- Kakinada Beach: Kakinada Beach is located approximately 30 km away from the temple and is a popular tourist spot. The beach is known for its beautiful sunrise and sunset views and offers various water sports activities.
- Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary: Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary is located approximately 45 km away from the temple and Harboring numerous varieties of flora and fauna, it is a thriving ecosystem. The sanctuary is known for its beautiful mangrove forests and offers various activities like boating and bird watching.
Accommodation Options near Draksharamam Temple
Draksharamam Temple has various accommodation options for devotees and tourists visiting the temple. Some of the popular options include:
- Devasthanam Guest House: The Devasthanam Guest House is located within the temple premises and offers comfortable accommodation for devotees. The rooms are well-maintained and offer all basic amenities.
- Hotel Surya Residency: Hotel Surya Residency is located approximately 2 km away from the temple and offers comfortable and affordable accommodation options.
- Hotel Royal Park: Hotel Royal Park is located approximately 12 km away from the temple and offers luxurious accommodation options for tourists.
Draksharamam Temple is a significant pilgrimage site for Hindus and attracts thousands of devotees every year. The temple is known for its ancient architecture, rich history, and strict pooja schedule.
The temple is also surrounded by various scenic landscapes and nearby places that can be visited along with the temple. With various accommodation options available near the temple, devotees can enjoy a comfortable stay while seeking blessings from Lord Shiva.
1. Is there any dress code to enter Draksharamam Temple?
Yes, devotees are required to wear traditional attire while entering the temple.
2. Can we book online tickets for special poojas at Draksharamam Temple?
Yes, devotees can book online tickets for special darshan and sevas at Draksharamam Temple.
3. Is there any entry fee to visit Draksharamam Temple?
Visiting Draksharamam Temple is free of charge.
4. What are the nearby places to visit along with Draksharamam Temple?
Some of the nearby places that can be visited include Papi Hills, Kakinada Beach, and Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary.
5. Are there any accommodation options available near Draksharamam Temple?
Yes, there are various accommodation options available near Draksharamam Temple, including the Devasthanam Guest House, Hotel Surya Residency, and Hotel Royal Park.