Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Darshan Guide
Located in the town of Vaikom, about 33 km from Kochi in Kerala, India, Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is a renowned and ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Considered one of the three major Shiva temples in the region, it is often referred to as the Kasi of South India.
Today’s article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to the Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, including its timings, entry fee, online booking, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and stay.
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Timings
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is open from 4:00 AM to 12:00 PM and from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The temple timings may vary during festival seasons and special occasions. The temple opens at 3:00 AM during the Mandalam season (November-December).
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Entry Fee
There is no entry fee to enter Vaikom Mahadeva Temple. However, if you wish to participate in the special poojas and rituals, you may have to pay a nominal fee.
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Online Booking
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple offers online booking facilities for various poojas and rituals. One can access the official website of the temple to make a booking. The online booking facility is available for various poojas such as Nithya Pooja, Udayasthamana Pooja, and Thulabharam.
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple Daily Pooja Schedule
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple has a daily pooja schedule that includes various rituals and ceremonies. The temple follows the traditional Kerala style of pooja, which is known as the Tantric pooja. The daily pooja schedule includes:
- Nirmalyam: 4:00 AM
- Abhishekam: 4:15 AM
- Usha Pooja: 6:00 AM
- Ethruthu Pooja: 8:00 AM
- Pantheeradi Pooja: 9:00 AM
- Ucha Pooja: 12:00 PM
- Deeparadhana: 6:45 PM
- Athazha Pooja: 7:45 PM
How to Reach Vaikom Mahadeva Temple
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is located in Vaikom, which is about 33 km away from Kochi. Vaikom is nearest to the Cochin International Airport, which is about 51 km away from Vaikom. The nearest railway station is the Vaikom Road railway station, which is about 3 km away from the temple. You can also take a bus from Kochi to reach Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
Nearby Places to Visit
- Vembanad Lake: Vembanad Lake is the largest lake in Kerala and is located near Vaikom Mahadeva Temple. You can take a boat ride and enjoy the scenic beauty of the lake.
- Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple: Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple is another famous Shiva temple located in the city of Kottayam, which is about 18 km away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
- Kumarakom: Kumarakom is a famous tourist destination in Kerala and is located about 25 km away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple. You can enjoy the backwaters of Kumarakom by taking a boat ride.
- Cherthala: Cherthala is a small town located about 20 km away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple. The town is famous for its scenic beauty and backwaters.
Best Places to Stay near Vaikom Mahadeva Temple
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is located in a small town, and there are many places to stay near the temple. Here are some excellent accommodations near Vaikom Mahadeva Temple are:
- Tharavadu Heritage Home: Tharavadu Heritage Home is a traditional Kerala-style house that has been converted into a homestay. The homestay is located about 1 km away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
- Lake Palace Resort: Lake Palace Resort is a luxurious resort located on the banks of Vembanad Lake. The resort is about 15 km away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
- Vaikom Heritage: Vaikom Heritage is a heritage homestay located in Vaikom town. The homestay is about 500 meters away from Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is a must-visit destination in Kerala for anyone interested in history, culture, and spirituality. The temple’s beautiful architecture, serene surroundings, and daily pooja rituals attract thousands of devotees and tourists every year. In this article, we have provided a complete guide to Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, including its timings, entry fee, online booking, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and stay. We hope this article will help you plan your visit to Vaikom Mahadeva Temple.
1. Is photography allowed inside Vaikom Mahadeva Temple?
Yes, photography is allowed inside the temple, However, photography of the primary deity is not permitted.
2. What is the significance of Vaikom Mahadeva Temple?
Vaikom Mahadeva Temple is one of the three major Shiva temples in Kerala and is considered to be one of the 108 Shiva temples in India.
3. Can I participate in the daily pooja rituals at Vaikom Mahadeva Temple?
Yes, you can participate in the daily pooja rituals by paying a nominal fee.
4. Are there any restaurants near Vaikom Mahadeva Temple?
Yes, there are many restaurants and eateries near the temple that serve traditional Kerala cuisine.
5. Is there a dress code to enter Vaikom Mahadeva Temple?
Yes, there is a dress code to enter the temple. Men are required to wear a mundu or dhoti, and women are required to wear a saree or salwar kameez.