Know the details about the Difference Between Kala Sarpa Dosha And Rahu Ketu Pooja, Kala Sarpa Dosha And Rahu Ketu Pooja Srikalahasti Temple
Located in the heart of Andhra Pradesh, Srikalahasti Temple is a renowned spiritual destination known for its unique rituals, such as the Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja. These rituals have deep-rooted significance in Hindu mythology and are believed to alleviate various astrological afflictions. This blog post aims to elucidate the differences between these two rituals, their procedures, costs, timings, online booking process, contact information, and frequently asked questions.
Difference Between Kala Sarpa Dosha And Rahu Ketu Pooja
Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja: The Key Differences
- Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja are two distinct rituals performed at the Srikalahasti Temple, each with a unique purpose and procedure.
- Kala Sarpa Dosha is a condition in a person’s horoscope where all the planets come between Rahu and Ketu. This ‘dosha’ or fault can lead to various problems in life, including hurdles in professional growth and personal relationships. The Kala Sarpa Dosha Pooja is performed to alleviate these issues
- On the other hand, Rahu Ketu Pooja is performed to minimize the ill effects of the planets Rahu and Ketu. It is believed that performing this pooja can bring prosperity, success, and happiness
- While both rituals involve prayers to Rahu and Ketu, they differ in terms of their scope and the specific astrological conditions they address.
- The procedure for both rituals involves chanting specific mantras and making offerings to the deities
- In the Kala Sarpa Dosha Pooja, the priest chants mantras for the devotee’s ‘gotra’ (lineage) and ‘janma nakshatra’ (birth star). Two metal snake strips representing Rahu and Ketu are used during the pooja
- The Rahu Ketu Pooja is performed at different locations within the temple premises. After the initial ‘abhishekam’ (ritual bathing of the deity), the Rahu Ketu Kala Sarpa Dosha Pooja is performed
Cost and Timings
The cost of the rituals varies depending on the type of pooja and the offerings involved. It is recommended to check the current rates on the official temple website or at the temple counter.
Online Booking and Contact Number
Online booking facilities are available for both Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja. Devotees can book the rituals through the official website of the Srikalahasti Temple or any authorized platform.
For further inquiries, devotees can contact the temple administration using the contact number provided on the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I perform both Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja on the same day?
Yes, both poojas can be performed on the same day. However, it is advisable to consult with the temple priests before planning the rituals
2. What should I bring for the pooja?
The temple provides all the necessary items for the pooja. However, devotees can bring additional offerings if they wish
3. Can I perform the pooja on behalf of someone else?
Yes, you can perform the pooja on behalf of a family member or friend
In conclusion, while Kala Sarpa Dosha and Rahu Ketu Pooja are distinct rituals, both aim to alleviate astrological afflictions and bring peace and prosperity to the devotees. By understanding the differences and procedures of these rituals, devotees can make the most of their visit to the sacred Srikalahasti Temple.