Sooriyanar Kovil Darshan Guide Timings, Entry Fee, Online Booking, Dress Code, Daily Pooja Schedule, How to Reach, Near By places, Stay
Sooriyanar Kovil Darshan Guide
Sooriyanar Kovil is a popular temple dedicated to the Sun God in Tamil Nadu, India. Suryanarkoil, a little town 20 kilometers from Kumbakonam, is where the temple is situated. We will give you a thorough overview of Sooriyanar Kovil in this article, including the temple timings, entry fee, dress code, daily pooja schedule, how to reach, nearby places, and stay options.
Sooriyanar Kovil Timings
Sooriyanar Kovil is open every day from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The temple is closed for darshan between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
Sooriyanar Kovil Entry Fee
There is no entry fee to visit Sooriyanar Kovil.
Online Booking for Sooriyanar Kovil
Online booking is not available for Sooriyanar Kovil. Visitors can directly walk-in and have darshan at the temple.
Dress Code for Sooriyanar Kovil
While visiting Sooriyanar Kovil, there is a clothing code that must be adhered to. Men are expected to wear dhoti and angavastram, while women are expected to wear sarees or traditional dress.
Daily Pooja Schedule at Sooriyanar Kovil
The temple conducts six poojas every day. The pooja timings are as follows:
- Ushakkala Pooja – 6:00 AM
- Kalasandhi Pooja – 8:00 AM
- Uchikalam Pooja – 12:00 PM
- Sayaraksha Pooja – 6:00 PM
- Irandam Kalam Pooja – 8:00 PM
- Arthajama Pooja – 9:00 PM
How to Reach Sooriyanar Kovil
Sooriyanar Kovil is well-connected by road and rail. The nearest railway station is Kumbakonam, which is about 20 km away from the temple. Visitors can take a bus or hire a taxi from Kumbakonam to reach Sooriyanar Kovil.
Nearby Places to Visit
Some of the nearby places to visit while in Sooriyanar Kovil are:
- Thirumangalakudi – This is a small village located near Sooriyanar Kovil, which is famous for the Mangala Nayagi Temple.
- Kumbakonam – Kumbakonam is a popular tourist destination in Tamil Nadu, known for its temples, silk sarees, and brass utensils.
- Suryanar Temple – Suryanar Temple is another popular temple dedicated to the Sun God, located about 2 km away from Sooriyanar Kovil.
Stay Options near Sooriyanar Kovil
There are several stay options available near Sooriyanar Kovil. Some of the popular ones are:
- Hotel Riverside Resort and Spa – This is a luxury resort located about 20 km away from Sooriyanar Kovil. The resort features well-appointed rooms, a swimming pool, a spa, and a restaurant serving delicious local cuisine.
- Hotel Le Garden – This is another popular hotel located in Kumbakonam, about 20 km away from Sooriyanar Kovil. The hotel features comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
Anyone interested in learning more about Tamil Nadu’s rich cultural legacy must visit Sooriyanar Kovil. The temple is not only a spiritual hub but also an architectural marvel, with intricate carvings and sculptures that are a testament to the skill of the artisans of yesteryears. The temple is the perfect place to find peace and tranquillity due to its peaceful environment and lovely surrounds.
1. Is photography allowed inside Sooriyanar Kovil?
Inside the grounds of the shrine, photography is not permitted.
2. Are there any restrictions on offering prayers at Sooriyanar Kovil?
No, there are no restrictions on offering prayers at Sooriyanar Kovil. However, visitors are expected to follow the temple’s rules and regulations.
3. Is there a parking facility available near Sooriyanar Kovil?
Yes, there is a parking facility available near the temple.
4. Can we visit Sooriyanar Kovil during the Tamil New Year?
Yes, Sooriyanar Kovil is a popular destination for visitors during the Tamil New Year.
5. How far is Sooriyanar Kovil from Chennai?
Sooriyanar Kovil is located about 300 km away from Chennai.